Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
12,101 Posts
I don't think you could put a 57 Nmad body on a 95 Vette chassis without a ton of work. I have drawings of the chassis and no way will body mounts line up. Also the wheelbase is different. I would bet the article was about using a C4 Corvette suspension under a 57 Nomad. Check out my project albums.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Recently many have adapted the Corvette suspension to the tri-five frame. The pioneer in this field was Paul Newman of Carcreations. He began with putting C4 on earlier Vettes and then went to tri-fives almost 20 years ago.

Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Recently many have adapted the Corvette suspension to the tri-five frame. The pioneer in this field was Paul Newman of Carcreations. He began with putting C4 on earlier Vettes and then went to tri-fives almost 20 years ago.

Jim
Any one who ever gets near Paso Robles in CA has just gotta go see Paul. He'll take you for a ride in his 4dr 57 wagon and you'll wet your pants (or more :vroam: When we finally got back to his shop and my heart rate returned to normal, I asked "you were'nt really drivin' it that hard were ya?"

Nope, he said. Well I had a pantload.

He is a real pro, starting his career building NASCAR chassis in the '60s (I think that's right). Anyway, a straight up guy and none better. A real lover of Tri Fives too. :tu

·
12,101 Posts
Donnymac, from what I can tell Car Creations doesn't do conversions anymore, only new scratch-built chassis. They are $9995 without the C4 k-member or suspension. I offer a limited number of C4 conversions for a lot less $$, if you're interested. Take a look at my picturetrail link below, and some of my past posts here: http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30205&highlight=conversion.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Share?

I don't think you could put a 57 Nmad body on a 95 Vette chassis without a ton of work. I have drawings of the chassis and no way will body mounts line up. Also the wheelbase is different. I would bet the article was about using a C4 Corvette suspension under a 57 Nomad. Check out my project albums.
Laszlo if you wanted to share the drawings on the Vette chassis, I would love to have them.......................... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.