Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both front fenders on my 57 2 door 210 are damaged where the bumper bolts to the fender (front side of each fender). The drivers side is crushed and the passenger side was cut off by a previous owner. My question, is that portion of the fender where the bumper bolts to the fender straight? I have performed some body work on the drivers side but with the bumper contour on the fender I am not sure if the bumper mounting surface is straight or has a slight curve? I am looking for a patch panel for the passenger side fender, but if that bumper mounting surface is straight maybe I can fabricate a patch panel. I have attached a picture of the passenger side fender that has been cut so you know what I am talking about. Someone please let me know if that mounting section is straight, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey, Mike..

I saw this post and see nobody has answered; probably due to the site changing formats? I will send along a few pics of mine, but I'm having a hard time orienting myself on exactly what I'm looking at in your pic. See if any of these help.

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ray,
Thanks for the pictures, I have attached a couple additional pictures to help clarify what I am trying to repair. I am trying to repair both the drivers side and passenger side, the passenger side has been cut and the drivers side is crushed and I almost have the drivers side straight. What I need to know, is the mounting surface on the fender where it bolts to the bumper straight or does it have a slight curve? I cant quite tell, but your first picture almost shows it. I am interested in the mounting surface in front of the front tire where the fender bolts to the bumper.
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Unfortunately I’m 7,000 miles or so away from my car at the moment, but found another pic that might help.
The edge along the bottom is more or less straight looking from the side. Looking from the top, it tapers slightly toward the front.
My guess is if you test fit it against the bumper, how it needs to look will be apparent.

ray

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the picture, If no one can offer a patch panel I can attempt to make one based on your picture. Looks to be straight along the bottom/mounting edge.
Thanks again,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts