Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating installing n OEM power steering kit for a 57. Everything besides the pump and bracket is original. Will this harm the value of my car? I want factory style because of the ease of installation.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I'm a little biased, but I think any additional accessory or option ADDS to the value, especially a practical one like power steering (of any variety).

Your question seems to assume that anything not original detracts from value. This might have been true 30 years ago, but not today.

·
Administrator
68,010 Posts
I would source out original parts as the fitment will be easy.
Original parts are available even if you have to wait to collect them.
As far as detracting value I prefer original over aftermarket.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But do you prefer stock over added original options? I couldve liked to go full stock but i dont want a generator

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
But do you prefer stock over added original options? I couldve liked to go full stock but i dont want a generator
I prefer stock. Original power steering would be stock with the generator driven pump. As far as value, it might be worth more without the generator if you find a buyer that is against them.
If you're going to sell the car I wouldn't mess with either style, just sell it with manual steering, you'll be money ahead.

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
I would source out original parts as the fitment will be easy.
Original parts are available even if you have to wait to collect them.
As far as detracting value I prefer original over aftermarket.

X2 ... :anim_25:
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts