Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
It's hard to tell by looking at the picture on my phone, but it appears to have 56/57 rocker panels on it also.
He has either made his own rockers, or extended the originals lower by about 50%. I expect he did that so the wheel opening would go down lower in the front.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think what the owner has done to this car is fantastic and I applaud his boldness. There's a lot of subtle things going on with this car that half the people will miss. Shaved door handles and looks like trunk and probably hood also. He removed the side window vents. This car is an Easter Egg hunt. You'd have to circle the car 5 times to really find all the eggs.

I don't think this was a post car with the B pillars removed. I think it was a Bel Air Hard Top with the side window stainless removed. Other than the rear quarters, which I think are very tastefully done, he really hasn't changed the natural lines of the car. The color is fantastic and looks like the prep and paint work was done to perfection. I certainly get that this car is not for everyone, but if this car is at the Tri-Five Nationals, it's easily a top 25 car.

Yeah, the wheels probably wouldn't be my first choice but wheels are so personal, I don't deduct any points off simply because I don't care for the wheels. Eldon, do you have any other pics of this beauty? Love to see it from other angles. Anyone who has seen pics of my car, wouldn't be surprised that I would love this car, (LOL).

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wish I did Lukie, its an intriguing build!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I dislike all his changes except the color. I could build my second HT and really trick out my finished cars for the kind of money spent here,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it's a beautiful custom but I have one comment. I think the lip protrusion around the wheel openings should match, back to front. Either more on the rear so it doesn't look so much like an afterthought or the front should have been shaved. It could be the lighting or not. Anyone else think this way?

Bill

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think it's a beautiful custom but I have one comment. I think the lip protrusion around the wheel openings should match, back to front. Either more on the rear so it doesn't look so much like an afterthought or the front should have been shaved. It could be the lighting or not. Anyone else think this way?

Bill
Bill,
I agree with you if that's the case. From that picture, I can't really tell if the lip protrusions match or not.
Brad

21 - 27 of 27 Posts