Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Hoping someone can help. I am a new owner of a 1957 210 with original straight 6. I purchased it from the original owner. She has had it sitting for quite some time. It runs well, however stalls while making sweeping turns (i.e cul-de-sac or large interscetions). Small turns around corners are fine, however with the clutch in, and making a sweeping turn, it stalls out. It will immediately re-start. Any advice? Thank You for your time.
Dan

·
Registered
66,294 Posts
:hello: hi dan and welcome. good to have you here. maybe the float level in the fuel bowl. is this a rochester carb?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had one years ago that would do the same thing. I think Carl nailed it. Mine was the carburetor float was too low.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,369 Posts
I had one years ago that would do the same thing. I think Carl nailed it. Mine was the carburetor float was too low.

Yup :tu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You!

Thanks so much you guys! I think I should probably have it re-built anyway, so I will get it fixed then. Thanks a million. I am fumbling my way through the learning process and your support is sincerely appreciated. Any ideas on were to get this rebuilt in the Southern California area?
Dan

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Dan:wavey: Glad you have that carb. problem figured out:tu Later, Dave

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can only tell you to AVOID Tony's Carburetor Service on Venice Boulevard; the $125 "rebuild" of a carburetor of mine consisted of dunking it in solvent and replacing one gasket. NO new accelerator pump, the ball check was missing, the float level wasn't set, the gaskets for the choke housing and between the bowl and air horn weren't changed. He was less than polite when I pointed these deficiencies out.

I wound up having to send it to Pony Carburetors in New Mexico (it was for a F*rd) and having it done right.

·
Registered
36,119 Posts
It's probably the float level.

I saw a car once that had a defective battery that would do the same thing. Plates shorted when going around a corner.

But that's probably one of those things that only happens once in a 100 years. So check the carb first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts