Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock '57 Trico windshield washer has quit working and I want to rebuild it. I have found a rubber rebuild kit but there are no instructions of any kind. Has anyone seen anything on this unit in any accessory manual or any information about it including anything on how it is supposed to work including the routing of the hoses?

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Tried to fix mine myself. Did not work. Sent to ficken auto in babylon new York. Worked perfect, and still does 10 years later. I think the charge like 100 or 125. Not sure on a v8 but on a six, hose attaches to the intake manifold.

·
Administrator
68,010 Posts
The accessory manual has the connection diagrams & what goes where.
Does not talk about how to repair it though.
:anim_25:

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Where did you find a rebuild kit? Would you post photos?

I've seen these things taken apart - there's really not much to them. But, we need to see exactly what you have....

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
My stock '57 Trico windshield washer has quit working and I want to rebuild it. I have found a rubber rebuild kit but there are no instructions of any kind. Has anyone seen anything on this unit in any accessory manual or any information about it including anything on how it is supposed to work including the routing of the hoses?
I think Bambam on here has rebuilt a few for a couple of members that were haveing problems. Might pay you to PM and ask him.:anim_25:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you find a rebuild kit? Would you post photos?

I've seen these things taken apart - there's really not much to them. But, we need to see exactly what you have....
The kit is available at
http://http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-windshield-washer-pump-rebuild-kit-trico-1956-1957.html

But this washer/pump was also used on Oldsmobile's and others. Fusick.com has one that I think will work for a lot less money that is in Fusisk catalog 540. Neither kit has ALL of the parts you may need like the wire "C" that holds the two major plastic parts together. I just don't understand how this thing is supposed to work.
I did find the routing of the hoses in the accessory book - thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts