Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the site and I am hoping that someone could help me find a dashboard that is new or in good condition. I am restoring a 67' c/10 but I like the look of the tri 5 dashboards alot better. Everyone is just putting the original analog or dakota digital gauges for the 67-72 c/10's back in. I want mine to be different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive tallpaul:shakehands: :anim_25:with your project... Later, Dave

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi paul and welcome. good to have you here. maybe try your local junk yards. :anim_25:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Welcome Paul! The '57 truck dash would look good in your '67. Remember that the '55-59's chevy's trucks all have same dash design. The GMC's are totally different, but have a cool look to them. Have a look at ebay or craigslist, they are sometimes there. You might consider the '55-56 sedan dash also, they are very cool. I've also seen the '59-60 model in an early C10 and it looked great.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Here's a thought - if you can find someone who has a 55-59 opened up for resto maybe you can sweet talk em into allowing you to make a mold and then you can make a fiberglass replica? This may be easier than finding one that is so far gone that it's worth chopping the dash out of.

It pretty easy to make a mold - just a mess to clean up - use LOTS of release and lay glass right on top - once it's set you may have to cut it some to get it off - but can re-attach to complete the mold. Then just clean the release up real good (it has silcone in it - ask your painter how much HE like silicone remnants!)

·
Administrator
49,952 Posts
Saw a tri five dash for sale at the swap meet on Sat. I thought about picking it up but didn`t really have a need for it myself. Not priced bad either at 50.00.:(
Terry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts