Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the '57 V8 hood and trunk CHEVROLET scripts exactly the same? I have a new Danchuck script to use to drill the holes in my reproduction hood. It is straight across, looks like the hood script needs to be slightly curved. I'm guessing I can bend the script to match the hood?

·
Premium Member
5,139 Posts
Do you mean that the baseline of the lettering is not straight?

Fitted mine to front and back this past week, so had some experience in the irregularities with the items and the holes.

·
Premium Member
5,139 Posts
Yep, on the bonnet/hood it will curve around to take the profile of the sheet metal correctly, but that won't harm the material of the script. On the boot/trunk lid the surface is relatively flat.

To be accurate, attention can also be given to the uneven baseline of the lettering itself – it waves up and down, whereas it should be straight. Bit of a tough call to alter since most people are fitting the scripts to panels with existing holes – but the holes can be elongated to suit whatever you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.