Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I just set my wagon body back on the frame I put a complete floor in the car and checking for clearence on the quick change I have put in. The very rear of the body is 3'' or so away from the frame the rest of the body mounts are nice and close to the frame. Could the rear section of the frame have saged or been bent down? The body has not been hit in the rear but the car was very rusty. I can suck the body to the frame but should I try to bend the frame so I don't have to suck them together?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave scrap is up.

No I have to save the wagon!!!!!! the floor seems to be back in its original place. It seems the frame starts to head down from the center of the axle back and the same amount on both sides.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wanabe try looking at this and see if it helps come up with the problem.
Terry.
http://www.trifive.com/garage/57 Chevy Assembly Manual/2-17.gif
can someone put this in english for me, or is this a road map to hell!!!!!

good luck i am a mechanic all my life and i hate body shop maps and electrical maps,good luck buddy

ha ha just kiddin

that road map should help as long as his points are lined up correctly in the front end and works his way back

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Chevman 57

That is just what I needed I will check all the dimensions when I get back out to the shop.

Thanks again to all you guys!!!

I WILL BUILD IT!!!! IT WILL RUN!!!!!! (some day)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the direction chevman 57. Ok the frame is down in the back on both sides about 3'' I can suck it up to the body without to much work but is this not a good thing to do. I dont think it would be to much work to tweek it up this amount by throwing a chain over the frame just behind the the bend down and using a beam across the back and jacking up. Or should I just leave it alone.

Thanks

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Wanabe
I would like to see you think it out and not just chain , bend , or pull it up by the body.
Look and see where the last dimension is the closest, and try to figure out were it went wrong.
This is the best way to start the repair. Once you figure out the damaged or sag you want to try to revers the damage in the (damaged area only) this is called Isolating the repair. You don't want to fix a problem area and cause another.
I hope this will help, please keep us informed so we can get it straight, no pun intended. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks Prostreet I know what happened the frame had two rotted areas on both sides behind the the rear end area and I patched them before I checked if the frame had moved the rear frame sections are down allmost the same amount each down about 3 inches. Now what would be my best bet on getting them back up. (I could try the little blue pill) just kidding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts