Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to convert to frt disc brakes I have a 57 bel aire wgn I have have heard I can use chevelle disc and rotors does anyone know exactly what I can use on stock spindals what year parts can I use help! tony

·
Registered
887 Posts
I purchased a zero offset kit from mgchevyparts off eBay. The kit was very easy to install and was a complete kit. FYI, while his kit was complete, easy to install and etc, the instructions he sent were a little vague and his answers to my emails were a little sharp and one was downright insulting, but again, his kit was a great kit :)

This is the kit he has listed for 57 zero offset http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-1956-1...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7014a3a6

·
Registered
339 Posts
looking to convert to frt disc brakes I have a 57 bel aire wgn I have have heard I can use chevelle disc and rotors does anyone know exactly what I can use on stock spindals what year parts can I use help! tony
Im putting the Chevelle kit on my moms 56 right now and I have them on my 55 wagon. simple setup and cheap Speedway motors has 2 kits with the Chevelle rotors but one kit 91031911 $239.99 uses metric calipers and they mount on the rear side or the spindle and their deluxe kit 91031949 $249.99 uses the 69-72 full size Chevelle caliper and it mounts to the front of the spindle. I have used just the deluxe kit on both cars and haven't had to modify anything yet.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.