Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 57rustbucket site owner a member here? I went through all of his updates on replacing all of the sheetmetal in the car and his updated abruptly stopped in November 2005. Anyone know him? Any updates?
Thanks,
Eldon

PS... the site I am talking about it www.57rustbucket.com

Edit.... nevermind... as I clicked on the link to make sure it worked, it opened and said, "Update 9-18-2006" LOL!!! Talk about timing!
Eldon

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh, the dreaded '56 rustbucket. I'll trade ya a 2004 Nissan Frontier with 3 years of remaining payments for it... :D He has a great site that shows the step by step process of replacing ALL of the floorboards and trunk metal.
Eldon

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you replaced most of the metal yet? I was curious about what you did for the metal. Did you go with the one-piece floorboards or section in a piece at a time?
Eldon

·
Administrator
49,822 Posts
Eldon he has been having some family health problems and hasn`t had time to work on the 57 or to do any updates. I can totally understand putting family before the car rebuild.
Terry

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I've managed to get the frame all repaired. Still have the rear brakes to do, but installed the discs on the front and a sway bar. I've been pricing out the panels I'll need to get. I talked to a body man who recomended replacing the floors as a complete unit as there are less problems with alignment that way. Now I just need some snow this winter to earn overtime to buy the necessary panels I need. I have some pictures in the photo gallery and in the garage. Terry, he just updated yesterday and is figuring on getting back on it steady as he was.
Dave

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Terry,
I got an e-mail from him and he said he is getting back to work on it. He said "major" progress in the next few months and to keep checking in.
Eldon

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Sorry to raise up an old thread, but I know others may have the same question regarding the 57rustbucket project.
Any news of John and his Rustbucket project? This was one of the best inspirational stories I have come across on www.57rustbucket.com
The website still shows the latest update as 10/16/06. I( sure hope he overcomes any problems and completes it, that was a true test of fortitude.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to raise up an old thread, but I know others may have the same question regarding the 57rustbucket project.
Any news of John and his Rustbucket project? This was one of the best inspirational stories I have come across on www.57rustbucket.com
The website still shows the latest update as 10/16/06. I( sure hope he overcomes any problems and completes it, that was a true test of fortitude.

I know.... his last update was on my birthday. :( Does anyone live close to him and could check in on him? I wonder if he knows about the following he has. He has almost achieved cult-status! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts