Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up this '55 four door for 5K today....Saw it on our local Craigslist and had to check it out, since I've been making zero progress on my project cars with this heat.....Not a perfect car.....However, its a presentable driver. :)
See link: http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/1901526853.html

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know why you bought it. It sucks looking at my car torn apart in my garage. Cmon cooler weather!!
Thanks guys....We have had 95* heat and 90% humidity for the last 45 days straight....For the price and its condition, I had to go for it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Very nice, and for less than I have in mine! I too have wasted the whole summer hiding in the house from the heat. That and waiting for people to show up. . . I'm thinking of looking at another project further along, something that needs work that I can do.

·
Administrator
50,404 Posts
Looks nice David. Now when is the frontend coming off of this one.;):D When you get tired of it send it my way, i could use another one myself. We`ve been looking for a 4dr 57 in about the same shape as that 55. My wife wants one.
Terry

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Very Nice!

You dun good David!:tu I'm getting the bug to get a running car myself. I love working on mine but I want to drive something! (something tri-five). JIM.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Soooooo, doesn't this mean you have all three years now???? Way to go bro!!!!!!!! Looks good. If you need a place to store it.....(hint hint:happy0030::party0031:)

Oh wait- the other one is a '55 also isn't it?
Steve

·
Registered
933 Posts
That's a sweet looking car at a very nice price.

I know why you bought it. It sucks looking at my car torn apart in my garage. Cmon cooler weather!!
Don't look like it's gonna happen this week. I was getting ready to pull the engine from the '56 but it's supposed to hit 109 by Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Just picked up this 5K four door '55 today....Saw it on the local Craigslist and had to check it out, since I've been making zero progress on my project cars with this heat.....Not a perfect car.....However, its a presentable driver. :)
Good Job David! You've gotta have a TriFive Driver to at least be able to enjoy some Cruising while you wait for this terrible heat to disappear - Good plan! Enjoy the rest of Summer & Fall while you wait for cooler weather to work on the '57! :congrats:

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
that was a great buy. congrats and have fun with it david. :04:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.