Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be the measurement from the top of the filler neck (without a radiator cap) to the bottom of the inlet tube (coming from the front of the engine)?

The radiator I took out is about 2-1/2" but the radiator I bought to put in is 3-1/2" and I am having hood closing issues. The seller said this is the first time he has had issues but I am having all kinds of problems trying to get it to fit.

Thanks for help or suggestions.

Oh yeah, I have a v8 radiator mounted in the 6 position. That is what I am replacing and the A/C and electric fan are already configured for that. So moving it to the V8 position would create a lot of problems.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a V8 radiator. The issue is not with the inlet from the engine, it is from the radiator cap which hits the hood, not the baffle.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
I just measured a radiator I was going to use on my 57 but changed to a cross flow instead. The top of the filler to the bottom of the inlet hose is 2 1/8". Where did you get your radiator? Can it be returned? I may have a deal for you. :) The inlet is on the drivers side and not in the middle.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I have a V8 radiator. The issue is not with the inlet from the engine, it is from the radiator cap which hits the hood, not the baffle.
My radiator is in the 6 cyl position and vertical distance from the top of the filler neck to the bottom of the inlet pipe is approximately 2 3/4". The radiator cap is not centered but is toward the passenger side of the tank.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that helps. I think this radiator is not a good candidate for a "bolt in" application... just like most "bolt in" applications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.