Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 68 camaro disk breaks. 4 piston calipers, rotors, and proportion valve, dust shields, and master cylinder Looking to get $600 OBO plus ride.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
8,260 Posts
At that price, I assume the calipers are aleady rebuilt with stainless steel sleeves?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
For what? Doesn't fit a Tri5
Duh, everyone knows that but to fit a 67/68 Camaro you will need them. I have an identical pile of parts without spindles from when I converted my 67 to single piston calipers.
Bama even sleeved these still have issues with leaking if you do not drive car often.

·
Registered
36,976 Posts
Are 67-68 Camaro disc brake spindles the same as 69 disc brake spindles or Chevelle disc brake spindles? If so it's pretty easy to machine drum brake spindles to work.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
1967-1969 Camaro disc brake spindles the same as 1967-1972 Chevelle disc brake spindle the same also.
1967-1969 Camaro drum brake spindles the same which includes Chevelle drum spindles and can be modified to work but not a good idea.

However some people think because Tri5's often use the rotors and calipers from a Camaro that everything fits which the spindles don't

AND we shouldn't have a discussion on a for sale ad.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Are 67-68 Camaro disc brake spindles the same as 69 disc brake spindles or Chevelle disc brake spindles? If so it's pretty easy to machine drum brake spindles to work.
I was able to use the original 67 spindles that had 4 piston calipers when I swaped to 69 single piston front disk, the caliper brackets are different for 67/68 Camaros.l

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I was able to use the original 67 spindles that had 4 piston calipers when I swaped to 69 single piston front disk, the caliper brackets are different for 67/68 Camaros.l
Correct, the 4 piston brackets only fit 4 piston calioers the spindles fit both

1 - 9 of 9 Posts