Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried on 2 different 700's to manually hookup the OD with no success.
I hooked pin A to a toggle switch and 12 volts. Grounded pins B and D as was described on a post. Nothing happens. This trans is a 87. Is there something I'm missing here. I figured the toggle switch would be the simplest way to go.
Getting frustrated. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks, Brian

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,019 Posts
I have tried on 2 different 700's to manually hookup the OD with no success.
I hooked pin A to a toggle switch and 12 volts. Grounded pins B and D as was described on a post. Nothing happens. This trans is a 87. Is there something I'm missing here. I figured the toggle switch would be the simplest way to go.
Getting frustrated. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks, Brian
What do you expect to happen? You should notice a 100 to 150 RPM change when you are in overdrive when you flip the switch. The switch only controls "lock up", not overdrive. The transmission should automatically go into overdrive at 40 to 50 MPH, with or without power to the plug. The switch won't keep it from going into or out of overdrive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought OD was the same as the lockup. No change in rpm at 50 mph.
I have 2000 GMC and you can tell when it goes into OD. Can't get any change with or without the toggle switch.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,019 Posts
I thought OD was the same as the lockup. No change in rpm at 50 mph.
I have 2000 GMC and you can tell when it goes into OD. Can't get any change with or without the toggle switch.
Is it going into overdrive? Do you feel the shift into 4th someplace above 35 or 40 mph?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts