Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled what I believe to be the 1-2 accumulator and it had a large red spring and a shorter orange spring. The orange one was smaller on the end that fits into the accumulator and it was broken in half. Any of you all had this problem? I bought this transmission from a guy, who parts cars out, that said he pulled it from a running 92' suburban, and that it shifted fine. Ted

·
Registered
37,254 Posts
It happens. Just replace it, you shouldn't have to do anything else, unless you have other problems. Are you rebuilding the trans? In the car yet? Have you driven it yet?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens. Just replace it, you shouldn't have to do anything else, unless you have other problems. Are you rebuilding the trans? In the car yet? Have you driven it yet?
No, I'm still working on the chassis and drive train with the body off the frame. I've decided to go through the transmission myself. I have a friend that went to school on transmissions willing to give advice. I just don't trust transmission shops, because I've been burned before. I rebuilt a 350 once and several manual transmissions, so I figure I can do a 700. Stay tuned, I will probably have some more questions. Thanks. Ted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts