Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below zero a few days ago and now 71 degrees.

Thankfully, no freeze damages, but a lot of people in my area were not so lucky. So glad it’s sunny and warm today.

Last year I replaced all seven of of our outdoor faucets except one, because it never leaked.......
Looked out the other day and it had a HUGE icicle hanging off of it...but luckily, it didn’t crack, the washer was bad. Bought a nice USA made faucet to replace it.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I'm currently in NorCal, but I'll be in Central Coast mid week for a few days, and in SoCal next weekend. I checked the temps at each location and with a few degrees variance we'll have temps of low 60's to 70 degrees during the day, and high 30's to mid 40's at night. I'm not trying to gloat or seem facetious, but I've been told by people from other states they find this climate boring.
It's true we don't have the distinctive change in seasons, but we do have the fall colors, and in the spring our mountainsides are covered with yellow, orange, and purple wildflowers. Even in the desert the ocotillo gives off a brilliant red flower after a rain.
Mother Nature has a way of getting even for our complacency with wildfires in Summer, and mountainside mudslides in Winter, and of course our earthquakes. but of course we still feel for those people caught in furious hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and exceptionally high freezing temperatures. In the meantime we can only hope nature will someday find a happy medium.
Bob

·
Premium Member
12,831 Posts
I'm currently in NorCal, but I'll be in Central Coast mid week for a few days, and in SoCal next weekend. I checked the temps at each location and with a few degrees variance we'll have temps of low 60's to 70 degrees during the day, and high 30's to mid 40's at night. I'm not trying to gloat or seem facetious, but I've been told by people from other states they find this climate boring.
It's true we don't have the distinctive change in seasons, but we do have the fall colors, and in the spring our mountainsides are covered with yellow, orange, and purple wildflowers. Even in the desert the ocotillo gives off a brilliant red flower after a rain.
Mother Nature has a way of getting even for our complacency with wildfires in Summer, and mountainside mudslides in Winter, and of course our earthquakes. but of course we still feel for those people caught in furious hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and exceptionally high freezing temperatures. In the meantime we can only hope nature will someday find a happy medium.
Bob
The cold plunge only missed us two by not much in geographic terms.

·
Registered
66,712 Posts
good to here everyone, stay safe. prayers sent.

Reactions: Geoff

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers for us. I have seen some ugly comments but nothing here but support!

I worked in the garage with the door open all day and enjoyed every minute of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts