Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one a few years ago and put it in mine .i was told it would need a box that I would run my cable into so it would change the direction of the cable. it turn's backwards now. any ideal where I could find one. someone told me some chevy's from the 80's had one on the firewall.

·
Premium Member
14,034 Posts
all chevy speedo cable turn the same direction. you don't need any kind of box just hook it up

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
this one turns in counter clock wise when hooked up when you hook it up. I was told all vette 4 speeds did and that is why they needed to have a box to change it to go clock wise.it is the m21 or m22 with close ratio from what I can tell with the drain plug

·
Premium Member
14,034 Posts
this one turns in counter clock wise when hooked up when you hook it up. I was told all vette 4 speeds did and that is why they needed to have a box to change it to go clock wise.it is the m21 or m22 with close ratio from what I can tell with the drain plug
some one fed you a total line of crap. all chey speedo cables turn the same way. I have had corvettes, chevelles, camaros, trucks, & trifives. they all turn the same direction. I have a right hand side speedo cable m-20 in my 56 right now and my speedo works fine.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know that when I hooked it up the needle would turn in reverse and it broke it and I had to put in another one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts