Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't pass up this gal yesterday.

Power pack, powerglide, Colonial Cream/India Ivory, still has all of the original seat fabric and door panels in place!

I think I'll put some new suspension goodies under it, wide white walls, carpet, headliner, and give it a fresh coat of paint. The one that's on it, is not the original lacquer, and is an older repaint. Other than that, I'll probably leave it alone.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice suvivor!!!

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Clean it up, make it safe, and LEAVE the paint alone............Drive it.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
nice keep us posted with interesting original detail bits of info.
Thanks and :anim_25:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where do you keep finding these cars at? Everything I find has been striped down or butchered .
My '56 210 hardtop was one of those, and it was a nightmare getting it nice again...

Believe it or not, I went down to southern California last week to look for some tri-fives, and take a little vacation on the beach. I looked all week at cars while I was there, and NOTHING was worth buying except for one disassembled '57 210 2 door post.

I got home Saturday night to Utah, and this car was on a local classified ad site Sunday morning, and where it was Father's Day, I didn't have much competition for it. I let my pork butt, and ribs cook in the smoker for a couple of hours while I went over and negotiated the deal.

It was about 15 minutes from my front door the whole time! :laugh:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice keep us posted with interesting original detail bits of info.
Thanks and :anim_25:
Los Angeles assembly plant, seamed frame... As we all know, that's been a myth handed down for many years, and this car is living proof.

The bottom side of this car is in fantastic condition. The toe boards, floors, and inner rockers look like today's date could be some time in the mid 1960's. Wear, and old paint, but virtually no rust underneath.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.