Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out Danchuck's site out. I was curious about the 822 paint code. It shows that its a belair color, lower body and wheels painted Dusk Pearl. It has the upper colors dashed out. Ive read on this site that Imperial Ivory was the upper color. So, im assuming this is all correct. The Trim Tag on the Nomad has 822D-oa. Is there any way to decipher the last part of the paint code?

This car also has a padded dash, but i dont see any codes on the accessories line. Were all accessories stamped on there? Is this something put on by an individual later?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Another misprint in Classic Industries' catalog like the 809 code they also have 822 colors reversed. Dusk Pearl with Imperial Ivory top is correct.

I'm not sure about Nomads, but Bel Airs built after mid-late April (could should) have silver wheels.

·
Administrator
63,452 Posts
Accessory codes from plant to plant as well as the person that stamped the codes remember it was done by hand there is a general acc code break down but there are some codes out there that are not common and are not yet decoded

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, the trim tag is not the begin all end all for the options on these cars? It's possible that options were on the vehicle that weren't specifically designated on the trim tag? Outside of paint and interior colors, anyone could have added anything on there and I'd never know?

I've also read that build sheets weren't found in these cars. There were buyer sheets, but finding that would be impossible. It's kind of a blank slate, really.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just picked up a ‘57 Nomad with the same paint code, 822D-OA. Read in another thread the OA could mean Oakland, CA plant. The car came from California. My VIN tag is missing so can’t say for sure it was built there. Hope to find the VIN in the chassis next weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts