Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of what today is I was just wondering if anyone here on the forum was related to anyone or knew anyone who was killed on 9/11? I myself did not know anyone but I thought because this forum has so many members that maybe some of you were personally effected by 9/11 and would share your stories with the rest of us.

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
I didn`t know anyone killed or injured in the tragedy of that day. On the other hand though, one of my best friends from school days is a computer security consultant. He schedules a job and then a backup job. His 1st job was across the river from the trade center. His backup job that day was in the trade center. He said that sure gave him an eery feeling.
Terry

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have co-work at work who had a brother in the Pentagon that was killed. The plane went in where his office was located. He does not speak about it other than what was found of his brother had to be identified thru DNA testing, he goes annually to visit each 9/11. There is a bench commemorated to his brother at the site.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I live and work in the shadow of the trade centers. I work in the North Bronx and I live in a sleepy small town in Northern Westchester right along the Hudson River Line of metro North Railroad. Many of the locals commute by train into the city. Hardly anyone here doesn't know someone who perished on that day. BTW the flight path taken by the planes that day took them directly over my home and just past the Indian Point Nuclear power station on their route down the Hudson River.

On Sept 11th. My Son was working as a Paramedic for a local ambulance company. He was off duty but his ride along partner responded to the call for Medics and was on the sidewalk in front of the towers when they came down. She was never found. She was a single Mom who left behind 2 kids.

My wife owns a local dance school and two of her students Fathers were lost in the towers.

Two's of my friends Cousins were lost.

My Son-in-law is a NYPD sgt. He spent several months on the rubble pile searching for human remains. He now suffers from respiratory ailments and worries about his health. Another local Cop I know is currently in the final stages of Cancer directly attributed to his months of work on the pile. And a good friend who is a teamster spent the better part of a year hauling the remains of the towers to the landfill where they were combed for human remains. He also fears for his health.

I am a Volunteer and Ex-captain with my local fire dept. Through the "Mutual Aid system" my department was staged in the Bronx for weeks to cover their district because all the FDNY units were at the site.

Some gave some....some gave all.

Don

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Father in Heaven, today as you know is the anniversary of 9-11. May each and every soul lost in this tragedy continue to rest in your eternal Peace. Father, I ask that those left behind to endure the years past and those lying ahead, be covered in your Grace. Continue to guide each and every one. Bestow your everlasting Peace upon them. Teach them and all of us that forgiveness is needed from us all; for if we want to be with you in your house, we must forgive those that have caused us grief. In Jesus name I humbly ask this of you.

·
Registered
651 Posts
has anyone seen the documentary loose change? the second part, it talks about 9/11 and its pretty shocking all the things it says, if noone here has seen it you should rent it and watch it, you will think different after it, like how there was no plane crash into the pentagon!!

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
With all due respect

has anyone seen the documentary loose change? the second part, it talks about 9/11 and its pretty shocking all the things it says, if noone here has seen it you should rent it and watch it, you will think different after it, like how there was no plane crash into the pentagon!!
Today is not about who says what, who thinks what or any of the other propaganda BS that has spread itself around this country of ours. TODAY IS ABOUT THOSE THAT DIED. Have a little respect, would you.

If you feel compelled to attempt to start a silly little war about the political side of this there are plenty of other places to go to do just that, just don't do it here.

Normally, I would not even attempt to respond to some dribble like this, but you found that button.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I for one will never forget 9/11 and those who died this day. I work for American Airlines and our planes were used as weapons against the American people. God Bless America!!!!

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
I will never forget the feeling I had in my gut while I watched in disbelief on my garage/office TV that morning as the planes flew into the towers and when I saw a very low flying plane fly over my house , shortly later to find out it was flight 93....OMG how I feel for the Americans that lost their lives in this evil event..........

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
THAT DAY !!

I WAS LAID OFF THE WEEK BEFORE THAT DAY. SO I SAW THE FIRST REPORTS LIVE. NEPHEW'S FIANCE WORKED ACROSS THE STREET AT MERRILL-LYNCH. BUT SHE DIDN'T GO THAT DAY SHE HAD A DENTIST APPOINTMENT. NEPHEW WORKED ON WALL STREET AND HIS APT. WAS IN THE EXCLUCESION ZONE ,COULDN'T GET THERE FOR 6 WEEKS.:hammer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts