Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

9 weeks and STILL waiting for my order

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  blonby 
#1 ·
I placed an order with CPP for a 4 wheel big brake kit with drop spindles which I saw on ebay for my Chevy on January 13th and still have not gotten anything from them 9 weeks later.

11 days after I placed my order I got an email saying that some of the items were on back order and would be in in 2 weeks. I called ~32 days from order date and they said 2 more weeks. Again, I called in 46 days from the order date and the spindles were still not in. This time they suggested I just use Heidts spindles instead of the ones included in the ebay auction which were on BO since they were about the same cost and in stock. I never cared what spindles they gave me to begin with but this is the first time they suggested that option was available to me. I agreed to go with the Heidts as they are better anywayand they told me they would put my order together and I should be getting an email with the shipping info.

Hearing nothing for 5 days, I yet again called them 51 days from the order date to check the status. The customer service girl said she would look into the status and call me by the end of the day. She didn't. I call on day 52 and the service guy (who is obviously irritated with me calling at this point) says they had to get the hubs machined and it would take a week and a half. Why they didn't have that done 7 weeks earlier is beyond me. I explained to him I didn't like calling them any more than they like me calling but if I didn't call, I didn't hear anything from them what-so-ever and I didn't get brakes so what choice was I left with?

Well, it's now two weeks later (day 64+\-) and guess what, still no call, no email, and no brakes. If I didn't already have (expensive) wheels custom made (and thus non-returnable) to accommodate the offset for these specific brakes, I would just order brakes from someone else and never order from CPP again.

I am flabbergasted at how no one there seems to take any responsibility for being sure my order gets made/shipped or have any accountability for taking so long to get this out the door. If I did my job the way they do, I would not have one. They have stalled my build schedule for over two months. I have had to cancel scheduled help and have a stack of parts sitting around in my garage that were scheduled to go on at the same time the brakes were. I am a patient guy and have be more than tolerant so far but I am obviously starting to lose my cool.

If anyone has any ideas on how to light a fire under these guys and get them to ship my order anytime before Christmas 2020, please let me know.

See less See more
#3 ·
I hear ya. By this point, obviously I have considered using a different supplier. The problem is that there is virtually no room to budge on the offsets due to the size of wheels and tires. They are going to be a really tight fit for a 3 inch drop. The new supplier's brakes would basically have to have the exact same offset. Not saying it isn't a possibility though. I'll call Heidts and see what they can do.

As far as price goes, the price I found on ebay for this deal was unbeatable and since I am on a budget, it was a huge factor in my decision. However, had I known it was going to be like this...

#7 ·
My faith in CPP has been restored! This week Aaron went out of his way to make this right. They are out of stock on the drums and the machine shop who makes them has had some tooling issues that has put them behind schedule. However, Aaron was able to scrounge up some hubs (from various places), put my order together, and sent them out FedEx yesterday. I got the tracking email and I should have them on Saturday.

It was an unfortunate sequence of events that lead to the unusually long delay of my order but it has been rectified and I am glad to have it behind me. It was not indicative of the experiences I have had with them in the past so I will continue to buy from CPP in the future.

Thank you Aaron for coming through. Thank you Otis for your help.

#10 ·
Glad everything finally turned out ok . Your story sounded very frustrating and anyone would be upset especially without answers from the supplier. So far I only have purchased one item from CPP (the Eight inch Dual Vacuum booster in chrome) from them. They shipped it right out and the price couldn't be beat. Very nice part. Gotta thank David for that one. If you look on e-bay the same part has different prices. I got mine for 78.00 They were also higer in the 80.00 plus range so check out before buying. Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.