Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for pictures of a 350 chevy from 97 up truck or van in a 55 with serpentine belt setup. I like how the older body style would leave compressor lower down but would rather use the 97 up compressor. I plan on keeping compressor and power steering pump to reuse in my car just trying to get ideas how to hide the compressor lines or maybe move it from setting on top with out to many mods. I would also like to hear about how you wired the a/c up cause I plan on using all stock stuff with a under dash unit. I am also going to run a carb.

Edit Is there any way to run a 97 up compressor on a 95 down serpentine belt setup?

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is the OldAir complete kit for the 1957 Chevy. I didn't do this myself, I had it installed. I'm not real wild about the way he routed the double radiator hose, I'll probably fix that. He also had to fabricate the mounting bracket.
This is not exactly what you are looking for but maybe it will help... show you what not to do.:anim_25:

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
I like the GMPP serpentine kit. It's based on the TPI camaro setup in the early 90's.

·
Premium Member
14,034 Posts
I like the GMPP serpentine kit. It's based on the TPI camaro setup in the early 90's.

that setup doesn't work on a 97-up vortec small block if using the stock intake injection assy. waterpump and/to manifold connections are different for a complete stock vortec engine.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Sorry, my mistake.

I was thinking Vortec heads on the Gen I.

·
Premium Member
14,034 Posts
Yep I almost made that same mistake. By the way your chassis is fabulous looking. Great attention to detail.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that setup doesn't work on a 97-up vortec small block if using the stock intake injection assy. waterpump and/to manifold connections are different for a complete stock vortec engine.
Well i ended up with a 95 tahoe that has this same compressor alt etc setup as this so im using it now. Now I need to find a heater and evaporator in under dash unit or that mounts in factory location if its not to pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts