Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have a 50 that we are in the processes of stripping and getting ready to take to the chemical strip company here in PA. need less to say it needs some work . What makes this worth fixing is it being a convert . They are just getting simply hard to find. The owner and his son feel this is the one worth salvaging.

I will keep you up dated on the progress as it moves along . Now I do understand this is not a 55-57 but we all know metal is metal and along the way we can all gain something from this thread.
As most of my projects are not TRIFIVE I still like having the opportunity to share them with you . Thanks for looking :cool:

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
I agree it's worth saving. Do keep us posted on the progress if you would. I'll be interested in how you address the floors. My little brother has a 51 Coup'e. I have been keeping an eye on it in case he decides not to complete it. Thanks for posting this.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Steve,

I love to see the progress as you go ahead with this project, It does not need to be Trifive, We just love old cars.

Otis

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys
I doubt Im going to do original floors Mike we will channel the Vert about an inch just to stream line its stance. We will be doing an updated chassis with all the goodies from indipendent front to a complete drive train from a 90 Corvette. Don your right there will be a stack of time cards on this one Im sure.

·
4,460 Posts
Steve, can you make floor pans from what you have in that 50? If so, what would it cost? My brother has a 51 coup'e and he is going to need some. Just the pieces like you would see for say a tri-five. From the rocker over to the hump and from the toe board to just under the front seat.

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mike
Most of the time I fab my floor pans for the car I'm working on right here in the shop. I don't to often make them up and ship them out . There are so many after market companies making them I could not compete. Now if some one would like them back to original I can ether order some in and make them fit correctly and make them appear as if they were never replaced at all. This 50 is going to get a custom drive train and chassis mods and firewall mods that are not going to make the car appear stoke as in sheet metal. which crafting my own is a nice challenge and I get to be creative . As far as your brothers as I go along and if what I build suites his needs and time frame I will better know what the cost would be . Making two stets the same is all ways nice but how some one else interprets the installation may be different.

·
4,460 Posts
Roger that. He probably should find a supplier that makes them in quanity and order them. It is strange from what I have seen on e-bay etc.. the 55-57 floors are about half as much for the repair pans than for a 49-52. Go figure?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts