Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke a back top tooth last week. Started out when a 15 year old filling fell out and before I could get to the dentist, the whole back of the tooth broke. Went to an Oral Surgeon and he says I have to be put out and the stupid thing needs to be cut out. It has invaded the sinus cavity and the infection has been a killer, going into to glands, ears and throat. Monday morning I get it cut out.... I hate dental work but this one really has me bugged.... Rather have the Nomad fall on my hand than have to do this... UUUGGGHHH. Price you pay for getting old....

·
Registered
454 Posts
I feel for you Roger had that happen to me twice, had the side break off a molar and one on a wisdom tooth. Always happens late on Friday so you don't have a chance to get to the dentist. Good luck on Monday. Mark

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had it done this morning. It took 2 hours. The tooth crumbled when he tried to take it out and had to cut out all 4 roots from the jaw bone. Also had to cut some gum from where my wisdom teeth used to be and use it as a plug into my sinus cavity. 8 stitches and a lot of hurt. They gad to cut into the side of my jaw bone to get 2 of the roots out... Glad he put me out cause I would have been a wreck. Don't care what they do to me as long as they don't go into detail in describing it... I go into a cold sweat and it's all over... I don't remember being carried out to the car, the drive to the pharmacy, the ride home or even how I got into bed. Woke up 45 minutes later and have been up ever since. Pain is killing me.... They gave me pills (hydrocodon) but it is not working... going out to the garage and lower the front tire of the Nomad on my jaw. that will hurt a lot less..... UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry to hear your in so much pain Roger. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled one had the side broken off the other grew out of the side of my gum. It had been a long time since I had been to the dentist I didn't even have a family dentist anymore it had been so long ,I was doing the cold sweat thing after I made my appointment. Found this dentist that my sister-inlaw recomended ,this guy was good he had both teeth out before I knew it.Bummer was I found a good dentist and the man up and dies on me of a brain tumor, so know I have another dentist who is pretty good. Don't be dropping any cars on you head yet ,when the pain gets to much go to the garage ,take one of your shoe's off get a hand sledge and pick out a toe might take your mind off your teeth. Hope you get feeling better soon. Mark

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mark... just about ready to try that... It is 11:00 on tuesday morning and I have been awake since 7:00 yesterday (eccept for the the time they had me out...). The pain is killing me.... feels like my head is ready to exploded. I think the hydrocodone is keeping me keyed up or something.... The surgeon is calling in a order for Ambien and putting me on some other pain pill... just want to SCREAM!!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was just going to say Roger it sounds like you might need different meds .Well if its any comfort at least you have your wisdoms pulled and you don't have to wait for that day to come. You get some different meds and it wont be long for you'll be feeling better and you won't have to make that trip to the garage and do the Nomad thingy. Hang in there. Mark

1,544 Posts
support

Hey Roger: Hang in there buddy it will get better, on a lighter note, I had a wisdom giving me trouble so I went to the dentist to have it removed she did the usual thing with the needle and said I'll be back, well there was a piece of gauze on the tray next to me so I did what any good do-it-yourselfer would do I pulled it myself and put it on the tray, needless to say the dentist was a little surprised but charged for the visit anyway. I know it doesn't help much but we're all wishing you well.
Bob

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BOB!!! OH MY GOD!!! That must have been a Kodak Moment on her face and wish you had a camera for that.... Got almost 3 hours of good sleep and feeling like a new man already. Thanks everyone for the kind words and moral support... It is really appreciated.. Roger

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Thanks for the detailed info, I have to have the same thing done soon, upper back tooth all broken up and the root extends into the sinus cavity... My dentist wont touch it so I have to go to an oral surgeon...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Feeling SSSSOOOOOOO much better today. Doc gave me some Ambien and that knocked me right out. Got a good solid 8 hours sleep and feel like a new man today. Jaw is feeling getter too. Feel like going out and starting on that power disc brake swap today..... DS... get it done... It took me almost 3 weeks to get to the surgeon and it was a nightmare for me. Up all night with an ice pack on my jaw where the infection went into my glands. Sinus in my head feeling like it was going to explode.... All that stuff drained when they pulled that root out of the cavity and it almost instantly stopped hurting. They had to put me out and gladd they did cause I did not want to hear all the stuff they had to do to get that tooth out... It just took an extra day to make me feel better again... You will too.
Thanks again for all the kind words guys. You are GREAT and you all helped me along the way.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Glad to hear your getting better.
I read all this post and Jeeez it makes my teeth hurt.
Good luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good to hear you are feeling better. Nerve endings in the jaw area aren't lazy when it comes to letting you know something is wrong. When they decide to send pain signals it is like a minature atom bomb going off in your jaw.

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts