Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of procrastination i finally started installing the Vintage air a/c system a couple of weeks back. But me being me i didn`t like a few of the pieces. I did away with the compressor from the kit and bought a polished compressor. Then i decided i didn`t like the black condenser that came with the kit against my aluminum radiator, so i bought an aluminum condenser. That meant the brackets that came with the kit didn`t work any more, so i fabbed up a pattern for new ones and had the local sheetmetal shop build me a set from stainless. Then i wanted the raw edges of the condenser covered so he and i came up with these that he built for the condenser out of stainless.

Terry

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Condenser.

Terry: Do you want to sell your blackVA condenser? Will it work with a radiator in the V8 position? If so please PM me. I need a condenser for my under dash kit.

Driver.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,022 Posts
That looks good, Terry. You'll be a happy camper when you get it installed.

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Terry: Do you want to sell your blackVA condenser? Will it work with a radiator in the V8 position? If so please PM me. I need a condenser for my under dash kit.
Sorry i sold it a week ago to a local tri five owner.
Terry

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll be a happy camper when you get it installed.
I believe you are correct Don. I am having trouble finding a 90* blue port fitting for the compressor now. I hate the aluminum ones they send with the kits.
Terry

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Looking GREAT TERRY!! :tu

I sure wish i could afford the extra bling bling shiny stuff for my A/C.....but that darn kid and wife seem to steal my money all the time....:sign0020:

I guess all that matters is the cold air blowing in our face's :)

Bye the way, is there something wrong with the fitting's V.A. provides in the kit for the pump, or are you changing them out because of personnel preference?

Rick

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sure wish i could afford the extra bling bling shiny stuff for my A/C.....but that darn kid and wife seem to steal my money all the time...
Wasn`t all that expensive for the stainless, less than 75.00, and the polished compressor was only 170.00.

Bye the way, is there something wrong with the fitting's V.A. provides in the kit for the pump, or are you changing them out because of personnel preference?
Personal preference. In my opinion the lines for the compressor they provide stick way up and look ugly.;)
Terry

7,082 Posts
No rough edges. Really beautiful work Terry. :congrats: Lloyd :bowtier:

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
looks great terry, nice job. :tu

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A shot of the polished compressor, also added the polished clutch cover to it:

A shot of the alternator remounted in the middle location with the new Billet Specialties mount:

Terry

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Wasn`t all that expensive for the stainless, less than 75.00, and the polished compressor was only 170.00.

Personal preference. In my opinion the lines for the compressor they provide stick way up and look ugly.;)
Terry
I guess i should have asked about or ordered the polished pump when i ordered the V.A. kit :(

I would tend to agree with you on the ugliness of the fittings provided with the V.A. Kit. I guess you get what you pay for. But then again when you have good friends like Randy (randy57) you end up with some cool stuff. He ordered a set of Aluminum Polished lines for his A/C pump in his 57 that drop straight down to the side of the motor, but can not use them since his fittings for the A/C lines are in the back of his A/C pump and not on the top like mine, so he was kind enough to send them to me :tu Looks like i owe him dinner now :eating:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-35136-vuq-a

The hard lines will sure make for a nice clean install, you wont even be able to see the rubber line that goes to the air drier, and the rubber line that goes to the firewall will be hidden pretty good down below.

Now i just need the A/C pump to take a crap on me so i can order a new polished one to match the new hard lines :sign0020:

Your A/C install is looking pretty darn good bye the way :tu

Rick

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
I love that condenser setup Terry. :tu:tu I wish I would have seen that before I set mine up.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Looking great Terry!

I like that radiator, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts