Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit wordy but have just had a very pleasant outcome to a really bad situation with California Car Covers and feel they deserve recognition for stepping up as they should have.
Because of the many recommendations from Trifive members, I ordered the Noah cover for the 55. Waited three weeks (nothing), called and sat on phone for 37 mins first time. Checked online and they had no record of my order in the past year. Next call was 57 mins and got a guy with an ATTITUDE (spelled BUT). Sent a nice email to them stating what had happened. Received an email from Milanka stating she had found where it had been ordered and was sending it out the next day and that she was sending a gift for my troubles. I received the cover (pic attached) and was thrilled. Yesterday I received a 16 oz bottle of custom car wax that costs 24.95 and they paid 10 bucks to ship it priorty mail. I am very happy with my new cover, it is what ya'll said it would be. Since 1978, when asked when she will be finished, the answer was always SUMDAY and that became her name (in RED on the cover).
Milanka is a Sweetheart. That 35 bucks may have been well spent, I sincerely hope so. Believe when good companys do GREAT, they should be acknowledged and I just did. :congrats::congrats::congrats::tu Lloyd

Attachments

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Glad they took care of you Lloyd. :congrats: Nice lookin cover. :tu You'l be happy with it and so will your girl. :D

7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rhudy. Only prob now is I don't have front fenders on, so front will not fit and have trunk off (supports stick up about a ft, so I can't even put it on right. Will take care of that. :) Lloyd

68,758 Posts
thanks for update lloyd, always good to hear about the good ones, :tu

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Maybe I'm the one with a bad attitude, but it seems to me when a vendor does what they're paid to do, we give them praise for a job well done. I'm glad that you got your cover and that you're happy. But for me, I wouldn't be happy.

Ray

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I love a story with a happy ending:happy0030: Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Calif. Car Cover

I bought a Calif. Car Cover for my 47 and it worked out great with no problems getting it delivered. For the 57 I stepped up a little and ordered one from them and I think it is called an Extreme Weave. Suppose to be one of the best for outdoor (rain, etc.) and in the catalog it said something about folding up to a third of the size of others and drying time is suppose to be quicker. It is a lighter weight than the one for the 47 and folds up allot smaller just like they said. Both have been great covers and I did receive good customer service on everything I have ordered from them :congrats:

7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm the one with a bad attitude, but it seems to me when a vendor does what they're paid to do, we give them praise for a job well done. I'm glad that you got your cover and that you're happy. But for me, I wouldn't be happy.

Ray
Understand where you're coming from Ray. I was TOTALLY TICKED. Had never heard anything but praise on this company. Told them didn't care how good their cover was it was not worth it to me. Posted because to their credit, when they discovered they had a problem, the went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied and to me that is the sign of a good company. She also sent a copy of my email to the Sales Rep so he can work on that end of it. Lloyd

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Hi Lloyd,

I understand. I don't have an axe to grind with CCC as I've bought 3 covers from them, and have always received good product and service. My statement was a generalization of most vendors today. I've gotten old and grumpy, and have come to the realization that it's hard to get what you pay for these days. I keep trying.

Best regards,

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts