Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey gang,

Bought this about a year ago to have fun with and it's time to move on. I figured I'd offer it for sale here and if it goes, great. If not, I start diving into it but really don't want to since I have another car mid-restoration I need to finish first! Anyrate, the details on the car, and I'll be descriptive as possible so grab a chair...

The car: 1957 Bel Air 2dr hardtop, original V-8 283 2bbl, powerglide, manual everything. A good driver and that's why I bought it. Just mainly to have fun with and restore later. I have the original sales invoice and the three options on it were the AM Radio, White top, and a Powerglide. Let's get the main thing discussed first, the rust: Yes, it has it: outer edges of the floors, inner rockers, a few floor supports, door edges, and some on the trunk splash pan. All typical trifive stuff and eventually it'll all need to be replaced. Just know that up front and if you're still interested, then read on....

Exterior: Originally Larkspur Blue with a white top. The car's paint was horrible when I got it, so I took it upon myself to just add a quickie paintjob. Anything would have been better than what was on it. It's the 2010 GM color Aqua Blue Metallic with a Wimbledon White top. Against the two-tone factory blue interior, it presents nice. I did very limited blocking on it, so there are waves around. I also did not cut and buff it out, so there's some peel and crap in the top clear. But it's looks nice going down the road, and that's about all I cared about. It's PPG BC/CC with two heavy coats of epoxy over the original base coat to seat it in. Trunk, jambs, and engine bay are painted as well, so a whole color change. But the jambs and parts in the trunk did not seal well and there is some crinkling there. Again, this was just a quick color change until I got around to restoring it later on. I've gotten many compliments on the car as it sits, so I don't think you'd be embarrassed driving it around. Chrome and stainless is all driver quality with some dings here and there. Glass is all good except the passenger side door glass (cracked).

interior: Brand new CARS factory interior kit. All this was installed by the previous owner. It looks excellent. Headliner, carpet, door panels, seat covers are all brand new. Gauges, bezels, all look excellent. Radio does not work (surprise) but is there. Heater core is bypassed. Wipers, horn, lights all work. Fuel gauge works and is a new sender, but temperature does not (have not looked into why). Tri-pod of aftermarket gauges under the dash(volts, temp, oil) works nice and volts are 13.8 running, temp never seems to get about 180 idle, 160 running down the road, even on hot TX days, and oil PSI is excellent.

Mechanicals: Car was converted over to a T-10 4spd on the floor. A rebuilt trans, original 283 2bbl was rebuilt, original rearend was reconditioned with new bearings and seals all done by the previous owner. Stainless dual exhaust with a forward crossover was installed, and I added Magnaflow mufflers. Car is quite with just a little rumble. Manual steering is tight and you can actually palm the wheel turning it, it's that smooth. Factory drum brakes all around and I added 6.70-14 bias ply whitewalls all around to complete the factory look. The car had radials on it when I got it and it handled nice and drove straight down the road. Adding the bias plays definitely took the handling down a bit, but added the classic look. Suspension up front is good, but creaks when going slow over bumps.

I'm not looking for any trades, just looking to sell since I need to finish up my 69 Charger and my 56 Nomad needs an EFI crate motor. At least, that's what I'm telling my lovely wife!! :tu I'm asking for around the $20K mark. Get in, turn the key and go have fun. I've driven it over a year now with ZERO mechanical issues and it's never left me stranded. If I don't sell it I'll be diving into the car later on.

Plenty of pictures, just email me moparmolnar (at) gmail (dot) com or 281-660-6069

Cheers:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The lucky new owner is a guy who I restored this 70 Charger for last year and got First Place in it's category at the Autorama. He's always wanted one, so we did some negotiating and I have a few things to improve on the car before he gets it next month. I think he plans on taking it to Cruising the Coast in October.:tu

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.