Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
In the pic if you look above the rear wheel well, looks to be a body line that runs to the rear, '61-'62 only. Lets see a pic of the rear! My first great car was a '62 fuelie. Lon

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
In the pic if you look above the rear wheel well, looks to be a body line that runs to the rear, '61-'62 only. Lets see a pic of the rear! My first great car was a '62 fuelie. Lon
OOPS, you're right I missed that when I first looked...

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just noticed I wrote down the engine on the back of the pic he gave me. It runs a 588 CU IN bowtie block with a powerglide and lockup. 486 rear end gearing. Alcohol injected and the time/MPH were 8.14 and 171 MPH.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
WOW what a great picture of a beautiful fast 'Vette!

I worked on a '61 show quality 'Vette this past summer for a guy. He has a dual quad set up, and I overhauled his carbs, tuned it up and got it running pretty good. Well... (then) we took it for a test drive, and I found out real quick at my size, I would never want to drive one of those things very far.

My rather large 6'3" frame just didn't fit. It's really too bad 'cause I've always wanted one of those older 'Vettes 'cause they have such class.

Guess I stick with my '55 Belair where I can ride in comfort.
55Mike

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
My rather large 6'3" frame just didn't fit. It's really too bad 'cause I've always wanted one of those older 'Vettes 'cause they have such class.
I'll take one then since I'm smaller than you, at 6'2" I should fit just fine... :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
heh... my experience with the old Vettes is that the pedals are a mile away, and the steering wheel is inches in front of your nose :p interesting cars to get the hang of, and I don't think anyone is the correct size

1 - 20 of 20 Posts