Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my friends '56 HT at its debut show Sat. Jim has owned this car since '62 he had just gotten out of the Army, was soon to be graduating from college and was getting married and figured he needed a better car than his "A" coupe street rod so found this for sale for $200 from the original owner and purchased it. It was the family car for several years then Jim began using it to drive to work teaching high school
About six years ago the 265 and Powerglide began to go south on him. It was really starting to burn oil and the trans began leaking badly so Jim parked it in his garage. He did a groundup rebuild starting about 4yrs ago retaining its stock appearance. It has a mild 350 crate with a Fast injection system, 700R4 and 10 bolt.
He added a Southern Rods A/C system, put on front and rear sway bars and rear shock bar,4wheel disc brakes. power steering and brakes.
The car was completed in March of this year and he's gotten the 'new car build' bugs all worked out. He debuted the car at our clubs scholarship benefit show we held this past Sat. Jim said appearance wise the car is exactly like it was when he first bought it.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Very Nice.:tu

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
beauty. :tu

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Thats my kind of car, stock in appearance, but a little surprise under the hood. I like it:congrats::tu

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jim and his wife are heading to "Back to the Fifties" with the '56 this week, they have family in the area and will be doing some sight seeing and vacationing as well as the show. Jim, when I spoke with him Monday, laughingly said "I'll see just how good a mechanic I am. And if it breaks down I have my Triple A and a Mastercard":)

Jim said Sat. that when he bought the car it had just under 30K on the odo. When he parked it it had just turned over 170K...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts