Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm not new to the site, but have not posted in this particular area. I've found a great site for car photos. Pretty much anything you can think of, and lots of customs. Actually, the site found my car. I was at a local car show, and the photographer asked if he could shoot my '57 for his site. The car spent an entire day being photographed (all that for about 6 shots) He sells his photos to magazines, car calendars, and enyone else who wants to by them. If you read Time magazine, he had the cover recently with a yellow '57 Chevy. I figured that he takes a much better photo than I ever could, so if you want to see a picture of "Bella57" (my license plate) go to www.kimballstock.com. Once there, click on search, and type in "pink bel air". That's right, my car is pink, and its the only pink bel air on his site. Despite what you think, it's a real hot rod, and a real chick magnet. Just ask my wife and daughter. JUst wanted to share. Hopefully, she'll be in a car calendar soon!
John

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Terry, the interior is nice, but nothing special. Black and silver, all in good shape. Everything is very nice inside, especially after I installed the new column, steering wheel, and replaced all the gauges. The car has bucket seats. As for the pink color, I bought it that way, to bring our new daughter home from the hospital when she was born. I never thought I'd buy a pink car, but the timing was right... I bought it from a Saudi businessman, who was moving his family back to Saudi Arabia, and he couldn't take the car. Now that I have it, I can't believe the attention it gets! If I ever get it repainted, I might just paint it pink again! Thanks for checking it out. The engine compartment also has a smooth firewall, and lots of aluminum and chorme. It really is a hot rod. 4 link adjustable rear suspension with coil overs, a 10 bolt posi rear end with 4.56 gears, and a 400+ hp engine. It screams. John

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
John....Thanks for the photographers web-site. What a great idea! Your '57 looks awesome! If the paint is in good shape keep it. I'll bet there's not too many of those runnin' around. Its a real eye catcher. My father-in-law once told me many US auto makers offered the color pink as an option in the early and middle fifties. He said it was very "cool" back then. I think its very "cool" today! From the photo site I recognized the lowered '56 with the multi-colored graphics from the Sacramento,Ca. Autorama. That is one nice ride! I beleive he is running 20's in front and 22's in the rear. I do have a couple of questions for you. What size rear tire are you running? Is your car mini-tubbed? Thanks again!

Tom

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom

The wheels were on the car when I bought it. Both front and rear are (by my measurement, 16.5. I have been toying with the idea of getting new, larger wheels with low profile tires. The current tires are Mickey Thompson Sportsmans, wider in back than in front. They fit the stock wheel wells perfectly. The car is not tubbed, and has all its original sheet metal and frame. It is all in great shape, and does not have any body modifications at all. The drivetrain is completely different, but all the body metal is original and unaltered. I just rebuilt the entire front suspension with tubular U/L control arms, all new P/S, lowered spindles, disk brakes, etc. I'm thinking about converting the rear wheels to disc. CPP makes a 10 bolt conversion. I drive it all the time, but with that deep rear end, she's not a freeway driver. Just a street rod. Thanks for all the kind words. John

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
John, the taller wheel set up is very popular these days. With the large wheel housings on our TriFive's.....they, with the right size tire, look great. Sort of a "real-street" look. I will probably go with 18's and 20's when I replace my Centerline Telstar's. As I'm sure you know there are literally hundreds of wheel manufactures out there. That includes many companies that will "one-off" a set of your design...If you want to afford it! CPP's rear disc's should be a bolt-on. I have used their parts and customer service before with no complaints. What brand of tubular control arms did you buy and install? Are you happy with them? Were there any install problems? Thanks for your time.

Tom (55fazzi)

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tom

My tubular control arms are from CPP, as is my entire front end. I have been very happy with it adnd ran into absolutely no problems, other than the bump stops. The upper pops off when the car is on the ground, and there is no hole for the lower one. Not a big deal. I have been very happy with their products, including their series 600 P/S box. John

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
John....thanks for the info! Tubular control arms are in the plans for me. Along with the arms I am planning on bags or "Shockwaves" possibly coilovers, either a cpp 500 box or rack and pinion power steering system and finally bigger disc brakes. As you well know....it's all time and Money! The two things I seem to have the least of! Thanks again for the info...Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.