Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to hook up a temp switch for my electric fan. Nothing is simple as my new intake did not have enough ports to install switch. So after reviewing my options I bought an adapter plate with 2 ports that mounts below thermostat housing. While I was at it installed new thermostat. First thing I found is that O ring on old housing was shot so off to NAPA and bought oring for a Ford which seemed to fit. Scraped off old sealant and lightly sanded around thermostat opening and no leaks which surprised me.
Waiting on switch ( none available locally so ordered from Summit ) so put in plugs for now.
As usual, simple project took most of the day.
Larry
E5371C76-CF93-4761-BDAA-458D92BCB0F2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry, You might do yourself a favor and toss that chrome T-stat housing in the trash where it belongs. It may not be leaking now but it WILL leak and most likely while you are out on a trip somewhere with the 57.
Got it Bruce. Thanks for the advice.
Larry

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,744 Posts

·
Registered
Denver, Colorado 1956 Nomad
1,002 Posts
Hopefully, you won't run into interference problems between the sending unit and the bottom of the thermostat.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully, you won't run into interference problems between the sending unit and the bottom of the thermostat.
I see what you mean about interfering with thermostat. May have to move heater hose to spacer and switch to manifold. Would need a fitting to go from 3/8 NPT to heater hose. This means I gotta take it all off again and turn the spacer around with ports pointing to the front. Grrrr! Wonder if I can find a fitting to go between the spacer and switch to allow it to not interfere with thermostat?
Thanks for the heads up.
Larry

·
Registered
67,777 Posts
Edlebrock manifold Larry?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Why not use the port built into each head? I like those head ports, and they eliminate wiring running up to the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Edelbrock intake. I don’t have ports in my heads. 291 camel hump heads.
Larry
4C3F9560-02AA-40C5-B5A1-31B3573F37A7.jpeg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts