Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have accomplished a little more on the 57. I worked on the steering collar gaps between the upper and lower collars and also on the steering wheel hub gap. I`m a lot happier with them now. I also installed the driver seat so i could remember how it felt to sit behind the wheel. Here is the link to the page...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/480775/18

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I also installed the driver seat so I could remember how it felt to sit behind the wheel
That's very, very important. As I've said before, sometimes I just sit in the driver's seat for a few minutes and reflect on what I've done and what still needs to be done. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment and some incentive to push on.

Congrats on the progress.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I looked at your updated photos and keep thinking,"WOW! what a nice job you're doing on that Chevy" Looking really good.

Steve

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Steve...wouldn't you agree that some people's progress is just plain impressive? Terry sure fits in that category, I'd say! I'd guess that's why his input here is so valuable. Thanks for sharing, Terry!

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you like that nick name Dave? The wife referred to it as that one day when one of my daughters asked where dad was. My wife told her with his Girlfriend so it has stuck.
Terry

·
Registered
688 Posts
I was working on the part that goes below that covers the steering post, I think I got it to fit pretty good, I wish they had more lip there, sure would help out a lot

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blackie i don`t think i`ve ever seen any i`ve messed with that seem to want to fit very good. I thought about playing with the bracket to see if i could make it fit any better but i didn`t want to end up too close either.
Terry

·
Registered
688 Posts
I ended up doing a little grinding and sanding but only on the bottom part and it fits pretty good now, I had the top part installed at the time, one thing I notice is the 2 long bolts, I think if you tighten them to much it seems to have an effect on how it looks, I had to massage that lower bracket that your talking about, I left it bolted up and hit it upwards with a small block of wood and a hammer, to make it fatter/shorter

Not sure I would do any thing with yours since its all painted so nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts