Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been messing with and building 55 and 57 chevys for quite a few years. In those years I have used most of the suppliers at one time or another. In most case's I have gotten what I ordered, not always in a quick and timely manor but I did get them. My experiance's with these dealers of parts has usually been OK to sometimes Good and way to often just plan bad. There are even a couple of them I wouldn't do business with if they were the "ONLY" supplier of parts.

That was changed for me last week. I am in the process of an engine and tranny swap on my 55. All was done with the exception of the clutch linkage. Just a few linkage pieces and I was done. I ordered these parts from one of the most well known suppliers, and asked for and paid for "next day" air service. I think for this package which weighed less than a lb it was $58.00 extra just for the next day shipping. That was fine with me I asked for that service and for sure knew it had to be payed for. Trouble was the parts arrived in THREE days, called them up and explaned the problem they said it wasn;'t there problem but the shipping Company's and refused to return my money. Thats cool I paid with a credit card and filed with that card company a dispute and in the end I won't have to pay for what I didn't recieve, that company also lost a customer. I mean I'm just one guy and they probably have hundreds of customers, they could care less about one man business. I did check my reciepts just from this year and I have spent over $6,500 in parts total so I would say I am a good customer.

I then went to install the parts, wouldn't you just know it the one bolt and bushing that connects the Z-Bar to the clutch pedal broke just as soon as I put a wrench on it. Now what to do? I sure wasn't going to reorder from them, so I get on line and find the parts again but at another supplier. This was on Thursday of last week, I called them up ---Mutton Hollow--- explaned my problem and that I was in something of a rush. Well the parts arrived at 11:15 AM today, and I didn't ask for nor pay for Next Day Air.

Thanks Mutton Hollow Chevys you done good......

Roland

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Good to Hear Mutton Hollow Chevy is taken care of its customers. :tu I am also looking at ordering something from them in the real near future and was about to ask if anybody has had any experiences with them. So I guess this answers my question. Thanks Roland.

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Roland and Rudy i believe you can do a search here on site on "mutton hollow" and find a whole lot of good references to him. I have bought from him also in the past.
Terry

1,032 Posts
That's good to know about Mutton Hollow.
I like to see Forum Boards or online community's that support the sponsor and in return the sponsor supports the community. Its just a win win.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
I use Mutton Hollow & they've always done right by me. That's why I buy from them.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
247 Posts
I also have spent some money with Mutton Holllow and have allways had good service. I even got a call back from the owner when I left a message.Wow that never happens.

·
Registered
495 Posts
inappropriate???

Is it inappropriate to ask WHO the offending company is? Or do they remain nameless to protect the innocent? I've seen names named before and wondered if there's any policy regarding people or companies that are complained about.

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Good reputations are obtained the same as bad ones. They're EARNED! I say name them.

Ray

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
I Agree!! Name them

What better way to keep us informed? It might also make company's realize that good service helps their reputation and possibly more business. I have seen very well thought out replies. :bowtier:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts