Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

A question for our tri five friends "down under"

619 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  angs1957 
#1 ·
So I am being courted for a job in the NT (Alice Springs). Ive been there and am aware of most of the plusses/minuses of being there, but..

I am working under the assumption that the best thing to do would be to simply put my rolling project into storage here? From what I gather reading posts from Australian members, there seems to be a host of regulatory hoops for citizens to jump thru on a classic car (especially LHD), and that seems like it might be much worse for somewhen there that isn't a citizen. Plus shipping, cost of parts, etc., etc..

This is just a single thing of many that Im working thru, but thought I'd put it out here and see if anyone is aware of something I am not. It'd be for 3 years or so, and while I hate to put my hobby on hold for that long, none of this is a deal breaker- just trying to see what makes sense.

#2 ·
Its not that bad, get info from NT directly, every state has its laws that are different when it comes to vehicles on the road, from the state that I`m in my car was stock, LHD, provided the correct documentation and the car was registered without any issues. Yes importing from the US is expensive and there are duties to pay, but on the flip side you have your 57 completed and ready to ship it back (y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.