Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
They were just old worn out cars back then. If we had only known. I believe that is a 59 Impala convertible on the right side of the second picture.

·
Premium Member
55 belair 3 inch chop history unknown rumored to have spent its life on east coast,I know no history
175 Posts
Man, if I could only walk in to that picture and be told I can pick "one"

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks like Queensborro /59th St bride from Queens to Manhattan . It has a lot more traffic on it today .
Robbie OD

·
Registered
67,066 Posts
love those old pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
36,799 Posts
Years ago (but not back to the times in the photos), I took a coworker to the impound yard in Dallas to recover his stolen vehicle. What an eerie place. An entirely different atmosphere than a salvage yard.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That 55 in the front lower left looks nice. Bet the floors weren't even rusted out. I see what could be a Nomad roofline just over the work light on the wrecker boom. I walked around in places like that around Tuscaloosa when I was a teenager. At one place I bought the chrome and the grill off of a 55 that must have been recently installed OEM replacement parts. It was around 1968-69. The reverse side of the bumpers was still clean and there were part numbers stamped in black ink. It was good chrome back then because that is still what is on the car today. It never flaked. Parts were cheap back then. Problem was that I was making $1.25 an hour on a part time job and going to school and dating. Parts were plentiful but money was scarce.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The more I look at these photos I'm convinced it is under the Pennrose Avenue bride in south Philly (George Platt bridge). I remember an impound lot back in the day going over the bridge to get to the Walt Whitman and then into Jersey. Had a friend who bought a 58 Vette there and turned it into a race car.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The more I look at these photos I'm convinced it is under the Pennrose Avenue bride in south Philly (George Platt bridge). I remember an impound lot back in the day going over the bridge to get to the Walt Whitman and then into Jersey. Had a friend who bought a 58 Vette there and turned it into a race car.
I agree. I was in that lot MANY years ago and we stole a pair of 56 Packard tail lights for a 56 Ford project

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
There are (were) some real treasures there.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I think I spotted a 55 with radiused rear wheel quarters ....or maybe its part of my gasser madness! Right side to the left of the window van ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts