Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dragged this home last night , it is literally still on the truck parked at my shop.. 1957 Bel air , garage kept most of its life, engine and trans are out of the car , previous owner had them rebuilt just didnt put them back in yet.Motor is the original , the trans has been swapped to a floor shift at some point.car is pretty solid and has some great patina , although its not the original paint it has at very minimum had a door repainted etc..I'll find out more today...Interior is semi apart etc...Frame and floors looked ok and that was my biggest concern really..i sold the last 57 i had within a month of painting it , didnt even get to finish and was made an offer that hit the button...I still have my keeper 56 so not sure what i am going to do at the point ,all i do know for sure is that i plan on bringing it back to life ..Ill post some more pic's later , for now its time to head to work...

Cant believe i still get all excited about new cars like this , cant even sleep..
:sign0020:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Wow, looks real nice! I drop in a LT-1 and an overdrive automatic and make a nice cruiser.

·
Registered
67,743 Posts
congrats have fun with it. great buy too. :tu

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys , obviously the pics make it look better then it is....Its not bad though after going through it pretty thoroughly today (daylight) on the lift..Has a couple spots that need attention but nothing major or anything that cant be taken care of fairly easy ( Body mount under passenger door) , little hole in the rocker on drivers side , and just general stuff from age......I'll take a bunch of pics for you guys tomorrow....

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Nice find.:tu
I was checking out your '56,and Chevelle,in your PP.:tu:tu:tu
That '56 would look good in your Avatar.

:bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb:

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Nothing a little TLC and wrenching can't fix.Looking good,keep the updates coming. :anim_25: :shakehands: :tu :tu
Big Bob:flag4::bowtieb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok guy's pulled out everything the car had with it to take inventory...See what could be used again and what cant..The guy must have had a parts car for sure, the steering wheel says two-ten on it , bunch of different color trim parts etc...
also broke down the new motor and trans a lil bit so i could paint them , everything looked like the guy told me on the inside so thats a plus...

still trying to figure the route i want to go with this car...

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
couple more...

Attachments

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
57 sedan

How'd I miss this car the first time around, shown last week on 10-09-13 ? Thanks for bringing it back to the top for me to see. Reminds me of my first 57 Chevy. Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry about the long delay guys !!!Been very hectic at the shop and hadnt been able to get online much......
But on the positive side i didn't forget about the 57 and she has had a ton of work done to her...I actually decided to go back to the original surf green with white top.......

Here are some pics of her as she sits today..!!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
couple more...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts