Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m doing a BUDGET build 57. I have a polished BeCool radiator out of a nova placed into the core support, yes it's in there! The radiator was dirt cheap (from a member here THANK YOU!) and the ac condenser was almost free not from this site. The AC condenser (brand new from a newer Camaro) is a little wider than the radiator fins by 1 ½ inches. My question is, Are there any issues if the ac condenser covers a majority of the radiator fins? I will be mounting the condenser in front of the radiator. I will be using a Spal 2300 cfm puller fan with a shroud.

·
Premium Member
14,037 Posts
no issues that I can think of

·
Registered
37,239 Posts
You could actually make a case for a condenser slightly smaller than the radiator being worse for the engine cooling. Air flows much better through condenser tubes than it does through the manifold on the end of the condenser, or its mounting brackets.

And, up to a point, the a/c system, especially with R-134, responds positively to a big condenser.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Hey David! Good to see you on again and making some progress.

Here is a pic of my condenser and radiator from my new Vintage Air install. As you can see, it pretty well covers it.

You need to make a stop by soon.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts