Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been pestering Rodger over the last couple days because we are doing very similar work on our trucks at the same time. He thought the community at large may have a better answer for one of my question, so I am taking his advice and making a new thread and stop jacking his. But I took his great photos for my question!!!

I am going to remove my outer cowl so I can blast any inside rust and seal the chamber. I am planning on cutting out the air vent doors and replacing them with speaker mounting rings. I was going to just shave the outer cowl and use the inner chamber as for the speaker, but I saw Rodger mounting the AC and have a new question.. Has anyone sectioned the inner cowl wall out and mounted the A/C box higher under the dash? It looks like I could pickup 4-5" of space by chopping it out and raising the box and I don't see anything that would conflict with this idea. Has anyone done this? Below are Rodgers great photo's of the Vintage Air GenIV box mounted in the suggested location. Notice the inner cowl wall just above it.

<all photo right go to Rodger and his spinning cab>

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good idea, just would make sure the top duct attachments had enough room to be installed without being crushed.

Gary

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
I can't see what would stop you from this other than the amount of work required to do it. Seems like taking the dash out might make it a lot easier. Were you intending to do that?

When you do this and the rest of the work to your cowl area it would be really cool if you photo documented it all and posted it in a thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts