Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones have you used and are you happy enough to recommend one. I have a small block [ 350 ] stock other than manifold and carb. The stock distributor is still in it. And should I replace the coil while I'm at it. It looks original. Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. Is that a kit like the Pertronix or are we talking dist. Silly question because of the price but I've heard there is a space issue with a HEI distributor. I really don't know.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,812 Posts
Skip White's is a small body HEI that will need an external coil.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
557, David. I have the original coil do you think, in just your opinion, can I use the old coil or buy a new better coil.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
USA1. I actually used on of the first Pertronix made on a Mustang many moons ago and it worked fine. But on this site I have had many myths and some old beliefs dispelled so I'm hoping for a lot of info so I can decide whats best for my old wagon. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
The old coil will work with skip white's small body hei, but for about $13 he also sells the external coil to go with it. I didn't buy it initially and never tried it with the old coil, but eventually bought one anyway since it was inexpensive and would work better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts