Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting everything lined up for this next project. I was looking at a blown BBC and it is a tall deck. I found a nice drive system for P/S and alternator, but it says it does not fit a tall deck. Anyone out there have options for running those accessories? The 55 has limited front space. I am planning an AME frame so I am guessing they might be a little flexible on engine position. They will be a call to next week. From what I see, I have room up front but will probably have to use a pusher type fan setup and a shorter hood latch plate.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I am getting everything lined up for this next project. I was looking at a blown BBC and it is a tall deck. I found a nice drive system for P/S and alternator, but it says it does not fit a tall deck. Anyone out there have options for running those accessories? The 55 has limited front space. I am planning an AME frame so I am guessing they might be a little flexible on engine position. They will be a call to next week. From what I see, I have room up front but will probably have to use a pusher type fan setup and a shorter hood latch plate.
Got some pictures or a link? Is there any explanation as to what specifically doesn't fit? Seems like the adjustment or longer belts would compensate for the heads being .400 away from the crank centerline.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got some pictures or a link? Is there any explanation as to what specifically doesn't fit? Seems like the adjustment or longer belts would compensate for the heads being .400 away from the crank centerline.
I contacted the company and they told me their catalog was not updated but their serpentine kit was, so now it fits a tall deck as well. Here is a link to what I am looking at. Serpentine System for 396, 427 & 454 Supercharger - AC, Alternator with EWP & Root Style Blower - All Inclusive

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
Having built a street driven blown 528 " Hemi, I will tell you that Roots blower engines make more heat. Front mounted pusher fans are about 20% less efficient than pullers. If you plan on street driving the car, and you have to use pushers, then install the largest, strongest pair of pusher fans you can find. Also, install the largest 2 row radiator you can possibly fit, and look for a radiator that has tubes larger than 1". Griffin makes them with 1.25" and 1.50" tubes, and you may find other brands out there that make them with larger tubes.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been working with BeCool. They have a pretty large crossflow with dual pushers designed to support 1,000HP, which is all speculation on how much heat comes with 1,000HP based on how that HP is made. It is a kit made for the 55, but not advertised in a catalog or website. Their little secret I guess.

I don't think I can get room for the pullers, but until I get the things together....I went down from a 3 inch blower belt to a 2 inch, gained 1 inch there. The boost is supposed to be around 5-7. I know the more they make, the more heat is generated.

At least in South Dakota, the ambient temps are rarely over 80.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts