Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a pain in the butt this has turned out to be. I bought a booster, master cylinder and bracket from MP for my old burb. I rebuilt the drum brakes all aorund (new shoes, cylinders and hoses) and figured the PB kit would be in and working in a day or 2. WRONG!!!! The problem wasn't with the MP kit. In fact.. it is a nice setup. The problem is with my truck. it has the original 283 but a turbo 350 tranny. The guy who put in the 350 built a crossmember from plate steel and it hits the booster and the master cylinder (this whole setup goes underneath the cab, just like the factory master cylinder did). . I bought a new bolt-in crossmember and just got it installed.... working on the booster again.... what a PITA!!!! More later.... going back to work on it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After I finish the PB, I am changing over to front discs too and then adding PS and a Safari Van tilt column. Somewhere in there... I have to do the same thing to my Wifes 56 Belair wagon.... Several years ago I told myself that I could not die until my chores are done... I will live to 100+ at this rate!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got it all in today... bent the new brake lines, repositioned the e-brake pully, bench bled the master cylinder, mounted the booster, cylinder and proportioning valve. Even made a nice bracket to hold the p-valve to the frame. All I have left to do is run some hard line up the manifold for the vacumn on the booster and bleed the brakes.... Trying to get it done tomorrow (Fathers Day) when the kids come over to see me.... Free Labor!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts