Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am about to become the owner of a beat-up 57 Belair 4 dr sedan. Since this is possibly the least desireable body style to have in the 57 Chevy world, I need some advice on how to increase the cool factor of this car. I am not concerned with originality, but I am concerned with finances, so don't go crazy with mega-buck options...but does anyone have some advice on how to get this 4 door looking cool?

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lower it (alot) :) a healthy sounding exhaust, steel wheels painted glossy black with chrome lugs. possibly paint the posts black to blend better? I'd pimp (i mean drive :D )it anywhere. oh shave the rear handles.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The "cool factor" can be increased by decreasing the "beat up factor." If it's in good shape, shines when it's clean, sounds good when it's running, etc., it'll be "cool."

Or, you could sell it and look for something you think is cool to begin with!

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
As you can see everyone has a different opinion of cool, and they are all right as long as you like your car, that's what's most important.

No matter what the style year color etc. the first basic most important is to clean your car from top to bottom and nice air freshner and you are on your way.

Otis:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. After re-reading my question, I realized that I may have run the risk of offending some other 4 door owners, this was not my intention at all....I can be so clueless sometimes! What a way for the new guy to make a good impression. Anyway, thanks again for the tips. ih8rice, I was thinking along those lines too...lowering, etc. Shaving the rear handles is a stroke of genius! Otis thanks for the very nice pics...and I agree with the Ralley wheel look too...She's gonna be sweet when she's done.

Geo

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I just don't get it...I don't understand why people want to make a four door look like a two door, but to each his own, I guess! (I'm just a plain and simple 4dr hardtop guy!)

That's a pretty cool car, though! I'd like to get it and put the rear door handles back on!

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
I understand, we all like our on version of a trifive, no matter what the year color amount of doors or model number, they are the ultimate classic car, I am also sure thier is probably guys or gals that own a 2 door that wish they owned a 4 door, just as some guys love the nomad, I never even thought about anything except a 57 convertable, since my brouther had one growing up lots of good memories.

But I know I will never be able to buy a 57 convertanble in this lifetime, so I got to looking at the hard tops since they seem to be the favorites, But they are pricey, then I looked at the 4 door hard top and I really liked them, almost bought one, then I came across the 2 door 57 210 ( money pit ) that I currently have now and I am very happy.

So bottom line all trifives are cool, atleast to me.

Owning a Trifive, even in bad shape makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.:)

Best Wishes

Otis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts