Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to up grade my fuel system and was ready to buy this new tank but the fitting size has me wondering. 6-an seems to small. I have searched this forum and others and the general opion is that your fuel line size is only as big as your smallest restriction. Meaning if I run a 10-an line I am still restricted to the 6-an that is at the pump. I have a 850hp bbc carb. I know the pump is big enough but I would think I would need a 10-an line. My only other options are a custom tank from Rick's with an A-1000 pump which would be great but twice the cost. I know you have to pay to play! What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Aeromotive recommends...

Read up on Aeromotive's instructions. My understanding is with EFI and high pressure, say 45 psi and up, the delivery capacity is ample at -6AN fuel line. With lower pressure, using a regulator, Aeromotive recommends upping the line size to -8AN. For serious horsepower, they recommend a bypass style plumbing arrangement, using a fuel log at the carb.

The Aeromotive Stealth 340 is an extremely capable pump.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to aeromotive tech today. Motor makes 850hp on gas.
One Pro Systems dominator. Complete fuel system will be new.
I just think the 6-an outlet will be a restriction. My last car had a
Mega fuel 500 with 12-an to pump and filter then 10-an to reg.
New system will be bypass style. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.