Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought my '55,about 25 years ago, young fellas would always say "my dad had one just like that" That made me feel sort of old but I took it in stride. My dad had one too.

Now the comment is almost always "My Grandpa had one just like that". Now that sort of hurts since my Grandpa never owned a car or traveled more than a few miles from home. Usually on horseback, sometimes on foot.

I suppose that comes from being 70 years old, but Im still excited to see young people noticing cars and becoming part of the hobby themselves
I'm always eager to share experiences with them & surprised at how interested they are in learning about the old cars. Surprisingly, there seems to be a lot of young girls that like old cars as much as the boys do. I think that's a good sign.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Were`re not getting any younger thats for sure, the younger generation still turn thier head when they see a chevy, to my suprise they at least know its a chevrolet :tu

7,082 Posts
When I first bought my '55,about 25 years ago, young fellas would always say "my dad had one just like that" That made me feel sort of old but I took it in stride. My dad had one too
I suppose that comes from being 70 years old, but Im still excited to see young people noticing cars and becoming part of the hobby themselves
I'm always eager to share experiences with them & surprised at how interested they are in learning about the old cars. Surprisingly, there seems to be a lot of young girls that like old cars as much as the boys do. I think that's a good sign.
Yes. Anytime a kid likes my car, they end up sitting behind the wheel, with me taking their pic with their camera. Parents love it and I do too. Tiny fingerprints wipe off easily. Grown kids too. The Very Best Part, I Drive It. :sign0016: :shakehands: :gba: :bowtier:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes. Anytime a kid likes my car, they end up sitting behind the wheel, with me taking their pic with their camera. Parents love it and I do too. Tiny fingerprints wipe off easily. Grown kids too. :
I agree. Let them interact. I go to shows and cruises and guys absolutely freak out if anyone gets too close. Heck, open the door and let them in! As long as they're not damaging it, why not? They are going to be the ones to carry on the hobby.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
:sign0020: on the age questions about our cars , which I get all the time I always tell them they need to get a trifive and be like their fathers of Grandfather and keep their early dream cars alive . At shows when people come up and say they had a 55 or other cars I always listen to them as long as they want to talk about their past cars I know because I have been there with cars in my early years

:gba:

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Camera crazy.

We're flattered at how many young people take pictures of our car when we are out and about, often at stop lights. Camera phones make it easy. The ol' Chevy is no show car, but it's good to go in our opinion.

Remarks - not many from guys, usually just a nod, but gals often give praising compliments. I think it's because the car is "pink".

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have been a member of our local 55 56 57 Chevy club for over 20 years. When l started we were all young, the cars were cheap and the kids if you had any were tiny.
Today we are all grey, the cars are no longer cheap and the kids are making us grand parents. Can't miss the fact that as we get older the standard of cars has become a whole lot better too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts