Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My Dagmars are a little uneven. As in, one is aimed higher than the other. I think the right one is a little too perky. I know I'm a little OCD (or a lot). You can see for yourselves if you check out my garage photo.

Is it possible to adjust them to be even?

Thanks!
Craig

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,746 Posts
Hard to tell w/o a straight on photo....However, her it looks like the right points up and left points down.

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
There is no intended adjustment. But you can loosen and try to re-set. They end up with a good bit of tension on them.

Otherwise, look up a Beverly Hills surgeon.

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
From the photo it looks like it's the whole bullet guard (steel) that's different. I'll bet they are a mismatch pair, or one is repro, or accident damaged or something. I don't think there's that much play in how they bolt in, really – unless they are just no fitted right. The Dagmars (rubber bullets) themselves are probably fine.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
I see it , really don't notice it. As stated here, try some of their remedies. Mike

·
Registered
37,290 Posts
I forgot what dagmars were for a while.

Maybe there's a business opportunity here. 6 degree of freedom dagmar adjusters with a laser alignment tool for setting them. :sign0020:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Uh...I think you need another project car...you'll have more than dragmars to align. :tu:tu BTW, you have a great vehicle there., regardless of which way things are pointing.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
somebody needs to market a light kit for in there. Then I'd do away with mine.
They'd have to modify a set of repros but I bet they'd sell a bunch of them.

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh...I think you need another project car...you'll have more than dragmars to align. :tu:tu BTW, you have a great vehicle there., regardless of which way things are pointing.
LOL. You're right, I'm a little OCD. I can't do a project car. Heck, I can't even figure out how to align the dang Dagmars! I bought the thing just like it is, with the mis-aligned bumperettes and all. Maybe I'm looking for things to tinker with. Thank you for the kind words anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts