Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any air compressor gurus around? Have a 7 1/2 hp 80 gallon two stage Quincy compressor. Only has 50 hours on it. All of a sudden the pop off valve on the primary cylinder starts popping off, replaced it and replaced the pressure switch as well. This pop off continues to pop off at 135 psi. It’s like the 2nd stage never pressurized any air. Ideas? Remedies? TIA

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Any air compressor gurus around? Have a 7 1/2 hp 80 gallon two stage Quincy compressor. Only has 50 hours on it. All of a sudden the pop off valve on the primary cylinder starts popping off, replaced it and replaced the pressure switch as well. This pop off continues to pop off at 135 psi. It’s like the 2nd stage never pressurized any air. Ideas? Remedies? TIA
Did you contact the factory? Is it under warranty? From what I've heard Quincy makes good stuff.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,776 Posts
Yes, it sounds like the first stage delivery valve is stuck, preventing air from reaching the second stage.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Did you contact the factory? Is it under warranty? From what I've heard Quincy makes good stuff.
My 5HP motor went out on my 60 gal 2 stage about 30 minutes after first startup. Quincy was awesome! Sent new motor within a few days and offered to send someone to install it. I did it myself but, very impressed with the unit since. That's been 3 years ago and the units done a lot of work in that time. Great customer service which is rare these days.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
This..

Yes, it sounds like the first stage delivery valve is stuck, preventing air from reaching the second stage.
My bud's unit just did the same thing.
A tech was sent, and the issue corrected.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the responses, I’ll try Quincy again, my experience with them is something to be desired. Thanks again, JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts