Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to find a air conditioner unit for my 1955 chevy that fit perfect without alot of triming where would I find it on the site?

·
Registered
852 Posts
If I wanted to find a air conditioner unit for my 1955 chevy that fit perfect without alot of triming where would I find it on the site?
I bought and installed the Vintage Air Sure Fit unit. It pretty much fits without much trouble. I purchased mine from CBI in Athens, AL. 800-553-5021 - Kit No. 96156-PCU. I can't recall the salesman name at this time but he was very knowlegable with Vintage Air. He asked all types of questions about my car to see which kit would work best. Because of his questions, I got a kit that fit my application. I have bucket seats and a center console. The unit I purchased did not have the center vents built into the evaporator housing that hangs down just below the dash. Worked out well. Just list all your features about your car to make sure whoever you purchase from, can get you the kit that works best for you. Here is a picture of the final install -

Good luck :anim_25: tri55er - hope you have many COOl days ahead cruising in your 55!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I bought my VA direct from VA... They do have a website too... Later, Dave

·
Registered
499 Posts
The other sponsor on this site Danchuk is were you should go for the vintage air unit. I installed one on my 57' and it worked and installed great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts