Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 55 nomad that has an air-Tique ac unit in it. The unit seems to work as in it blows air , but it’s not coming out of the vents. How do you open the vents up , I noticed a micro switch on heater controls , but they have no effect. Anyone with info or a manual would be great .

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
If I recall correctly, some of those units also had vacumn actuated controls.
Maybe a hose off, or leaking?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,
Good call on vac, as I have only worked with gen4 VA units , I didn’t have motor running and was trying to figure out how the controls worked. After firing up motor I could get air to move around the vents so now I just have to figure out which lever does what. Any manuals out there would still be helpful.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 55 nomad that has an air-Tique ac unit in it. The unit seems to work as in it blows air , but it’s not coming out of the vents. How do you open the vents up , I noticed a micro switch on heater controls , but they have no effect. Anyone with info or a manual would be great .
I have the installation manual for this system. It has diagrams for all of the vacuum operated servos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old post but does anyone have the install manual or any kind of instructions for an Air-Tique AC system?

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
I forgot about this post. Sorry
This is what I have for my old AC that I bought years ago. Not sure if the same model you have, or if it's what you need. Hope it comes thru......

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is freaking fantastic. Those documents are gold!

I bought a '37 Chevy and the all AC parts were in the trunk. I am in the process of installing it and found out it was not Vintage Air that I had thought it was. This paperwork will help tremendously with the install!

Thanx again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts