Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here into hockey??

I airbrushed this goalie's mask for my wife's, cousin's, kid. He's been playing as a net minder for a few years now, and getting pretty good at it...last year they got to the playoffs, which is a big deal, but got eliminated early, so this week I offered to airbrush his old white mask, and rusty grill to lift his moral for this year.

This low res cell phone pic doesn't do it justice...nice crisp lines, with lots of candy paints over gold base for that deep, rich color with that deep wet look...

What do you guys think?

PS, Being a Canadien's fan, and it was hard for me to paint this Bruin's styled mask...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Great paint job on the hockey goalie mask, mean looking bear ! :tu

·
Registered
628 Posts

I airbrushed this goalie's mask for my wife's, cousin's, kid. He's been playing as a net minder for a few years now, and getting pretty good at it...last year they got to the playoffs, which is a big deal, but got eliminated early, so this week I offered to airbrush his old white mask, and rusty grill to lift his moral for this year.

This low res cell phone pic doesn't do it justice...nice crisp lines, with lots of candy paints over gold base for that deep, rich color with that deep wet look...

What do you guys think?

PS, Being a Canadien's fan, and it was hard for me to paint this Bruin's styled mask...lol
You think it was hard painting Bruins style mask, try living in my house. I'm from Boston and the wife is from Edmonton..:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I finished second in my hockey pool because of that amazing last minute Chicago comeback in game 6. One more game, I had Chara, Krejci, and Kane would have got me the couple of points I needed. Thanks Boston!!!! For nuttin'.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol...Sens, Leafs, Bruins...talk about giving me the worse choices ever!! :sign0020:

The paint job was a gift, so I put that stuff aside to help him out...at least it was a cool design, Sens and Leafs have nothing special to paint... :sign0020: ... :beer:

EDIT: First weekend of games, and it's on!! Go Habs GO!!! :)

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
nice job dean, looks good. :tu

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words!!

Actually, my wife told me she had taken some pics before we gave the mask away, and I will post more pics up tonight :)

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
How about a Senators mask with a Mike Duffy theme??? :sign0020:

Ernie
Not enough room on the goaly mask in regards to Duffy..........:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Great Job Dean, That is awesome
So if have a very nice paint job, what is the procedure if you painted a chrome strip on it. Have to sand paint to prepare to air brush?, or would you clean and remove wax and etc. and airbrush over existing paint? Once airbrushed could you wax it off say within a week and not harm the original paint?????

Thanks for your information
Brian

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great Job Dean, That is awesome
So if have a very nice paint job, what is the procedure if you painted a chrome strip on it. Have to sand paint to prepare to air brush?, or would you clean and remove wax and etc. and airbrush over existing paint? Once airbrushed could you wax it off say within a week and not harm the original paint?????

Thanks for your information
Brian
Not sure what you mean...you talking about airbrushing a strip to look like chrome?? I know new chrome paints exist, but I've never done it, so I'm going to ask porchdog if he can come in here and try to shed some light on the subject :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, BTW, thanks guys for all the nice words...I really appreciate it !! :)

I haven't airbrushed in years...like 20 years or so...at least nothing fun like this, just touch ups here and there. It was lot of fun to get into it again. My wife just can't stop asking me why I ever stopped...wish I knew why I stopped, but good to be having fun again :)

Here are a couple more pics showing the top and side a little better...other side is identical...

Attachments

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
By the way dont bother to do one for the Florida Panthers......cause we stink!!!:shakehands:

·
Registered
678 Posts

What do you guys think?

Being named Maurice Richard Jalbert since I was born in his best year. I would have a hard time painting it as well. Excellent job it looks Awesome.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Being named Maurice Richard Jalbert since I was born in his best year. I would have a hard time painting it as well. Excellent job it looks Awesome.
I know that he use to live a few blocks from me, but sadly I never had the opportunity to meet him. Would have loved to shake his hand...my grandfather loved watching him play.

Thanks for the nice words on the paint...I had so much fun doing it, that I feel like a kid again, and now I am looking for more stuff to airbrush! :)

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Dean, you are a true artist!

No, you shouldn't have stopped. Talent like that is pretty rare. I just don't understand how anyone can do something like that. I have trouble drawing a smiley face! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts